If you are reliable, professional, detail-oriented, a quick learner, are flexible and adaptable to change as well as have the ability to handle difficult situations, then you would be a GREAT fit for our law firm!
Receptionist/Social Media Coordinator
Immediate Position Available
We are seeking an Receptionist/Social Media Coordinator to join our small law firm in La Plata, Maryland! Our law firm primarily serves clients on family law matters but is a full service practice in Southern Maryland. Full-time hours, with pay negotiable based on experience and education.
• Using office word-processing programs and applications to provide clients with electronic documents to e-sign and for their records
• Politely and respectfully greeting visitors, while helping them navigate through the office
• Maintaining the Office Scheduling Systems to keep the calendar up to date, to include Scheduling and coordinating various Court, Mediation, Meetings, and Clients in office calendars, both electronic and physical
•Confirming and following up on appointments for the next business day in a timely manner
• Preparing numerous finalized documents for signature/copying/mailing/faxing/emailing to their intended recipients
•Notifying company staff of arrivals, messages, communications, or calls.
•Managing Mail by sorting and distributing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail for courier or post office
•Basic management of petty cash, recordation of payments received or made
•Basic clerical duties of photocopying, faxing, shredding, and maintaining equipment and report and malfunctions
•Monitor and inventory office supplies, ordering and restocking as necessary
•Effectively locate and collect information, organize said information, and/or distribute information efficiently
•Running errands as needed to locations such as the bank, post office, dry cleaners, pharmacy
•Creation of media content as necessary for social media accounts of the office
•Maintaining present, professional social media presence for several social media platforms (to include LinkedIn, Facebook, Company Website, Instagram, and Twitter)
• Assisting sole lawyer on their cases and with their clients as directed
• Answering telephone calls from potential and present clients
• Ability and willingness to take on new tasks as needed
•Has own reliable transportation
•Working knowledge of general office equipment and technology
•Punctual and More Reliable than Spontaneous
•Possess organizational skills and prioritization methods to successfully take on heavy workload
•Excellent communication skills
•Excellent telephone etiquette skills
•Excellent typing ability
•Excellent math skills
•Previous experience using Word processing programs, including WORD and EXCEL
•Previous Experience using programs such as DocuSign and Adobe Acrobat
•Previous Experience using MDEC
•Full-time; 8-hour shift, 40 Hours a Week, Week Days Only
•Pay negotiable based on experience
•Payscale: $14.50 - $16.00 per hour, Based On Experience
• Probationary Period Ends at 90-Days
One location, in office, no remote available, located in La Plata, Maryland
•High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
•Social Media Experience
All cover letters and resumes received will be reviewed as they are received. We request that applicants do NOT call the office or arrive to drop off their resume in person. Please provide your cover letter and resume via email or facsimile.
Due to limited staff availability, you will only be contacted if we need additional information or wish to schedule a phone or personal interview with you.